How do I move? It's personal!
So why be active? Why does it matter? Here are some great synonyms — these words really invoke my meaning.
These are all powerful words that conjures images in our heads. It’s all about what movement does for us. If we are not in motion, if we are sitting, staying in the same place, we are reminded of these words:
These words are for those who are stuck. We are all there at some point— something paralyzes us. So the only way to get through it is of course, to move. Since we are connected both physically and emotionally, if we begin physically moving, we will begin moving emotionally as well. Doesn’t that sound good? For me, when I feel stuck, I tend to slow or stop my physical work. So here’s some great ways to get moving:
- My number one idea? Gardening! What better way to get outside and enjoy your work? It’s not work when you love and enjoy what you do!
- Take walks. This my personal #2 also. I love to walk. It freshens me and brings me new ideas while I’m walking.
- Outdoor festivals or markets are always a great place to have a good time and walk and move too. Arts and crafts festivals and farmers markets are a great way to take in the sights and move around.
- Photography! It’s a great way to get out and be active. No photos from your armchair! I love this one…. there’s so much to be discovered out there and each of us has a unique story to tell.
- Play music. Join a band or take up an instrument. This one may seem unconventional, but playing is a physical effort, and joining a group gives you a great opportunity to get out and go, and to meet like minded people. Music builds stamina and mental function as well.
- Pick your own orchards or agricultural tourism is a beautiful way to connect with the outdoors and to health! My family’s farm provides many interesting opportunities to pick fruits or wander through a corn maze.
So of course the underlying theme is– pick the thing that makes you feel good. What gets you excited or brings a smile to your face? You may have your won ideas about what you like to do… so share with us? What do you like to do to move? We love to hear from you!