This is the easiest and fastest soup I know how to put together. My family asks for it often and I make it a complete meal with some steamed vegetables with sauce or a salad.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- Two 28 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 2 quarts of water or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- soup stockpot
- high speed blender
- stick blender
Combine tomatoes, water or broth, dried herbs and granulated onion to the stockpot. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
In the meantime, combine the cashews, almond milk, arrowroot powder and garlic clove in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and slightly thickened.
Add the contents of the blender to the soup. Puree with a stick blender or in batches in your high speed blender. Serve with chopped fresh basil leaves if desired.