This is the best dip! It is so great with cauliflower and celery sticks. I also sometimes roast the cauliflower and spread it on top for a delicious meal. Enjoy the taste of wings without the negative health consequences. This recipe is courtesy of fooduzzi.com
Healthy Buffalo Chickpea Dip
- 8 oz plain prepared organic hummus
- 1 14 oz can organic chickpeas
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I prefer a homemade version by a friend of mine. Papi Joe's) Buy
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- nutritional yeast or vegan cheese topping
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- food processor Buy
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add hummus, hot sauce, garlic, parsley, and cheese to a food processor, and blend until smooth. Pulse in chickpeas until the mixture is chunky and the chickpeas have broken down a little (you’ll still want a little texture here).
Pour dip into a baking dish of your choosing, add nutritional yeast or vegan cheese, and bake 20-30 minutes, or until the dip is nice and hot.
Top with chopped parsley and serve warm with carrots, celery sticks or broccoli and cauliflower.