I have been making this recipe for years. It is really great with dijon pumpkin seed dressing (in our archives) over a bed of mixed greens. It is also great to serve to guests. I do not recommend eating bread, but quite often it is spread on sandwiches as well.
- 2 cans low sodium chickpeas
- 1/2 cup vegenaise
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Loosely mash chickpeas with a fork or pastry cutter. Add all other ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Serve with seeded, gluten free crackers or as a salad.