Now this is my kind of salad. It is filled with delicious roasted vegetables and a couple of roasted black plums too. It really gives a richness to the salad and fills you up. Recipe courtesy of The Vegan Cook’s Bible. Serves 4.
Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 2 black plums, cut into eighths
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips or squares
- 1 carrot, cut into rounds
- 1 onion sliced or cut into eighths
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- himalayan salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp avocado oil, divided Buy
- 8 cups seasonal greens
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cans chickpeas, or 4 cups cooked chickpeas
- roasting pan
- salad bowl
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Toss the vegetables and plums with 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil. On a prepared baking sheet (with parchment paper of lightly sprayed) combine plums, red pepper, carrots, onion and cauliflower.
Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
In a salad bowl, toss greens with roasted vegetables and pan juices. Add remaining oil, vinegar and chickpeas. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.